Tuesday, April 8, 2008

High Hopes

Korby has been out of town for a couple of days and I started out the week with high hopes of all the things I was going to accomplish and all the special things the kids and I were going to do to pass the time~ on top of getting ready for Tanner's birthday later this week. However, things haven't quite gone as planned.


Tanner and I are both sick, Jackson may be starting to get sick, Shayden has had an ear infection, Jessie (our cat) threw up on the carpet, the laundry got about 90% done and the last load has been sitting in the dryer for 3 days now, we have had cereal or frozen waffles for dinner the last few nights, Tanner had to sleep in my bed because he was keeping Shayden up with his coughing, so I ended up sleeping on the couch because Tanner was also keeping me up with his coughing, the boys and I are still in our jammies at almost 5 pm.... thank goodness Korby is coming home tomorrow!!!!!

4 comments:

Ware Family said...

oh my. Sounds stressful. I'm so glad Korby is coming home. I hate it when Shane is out of town. It makes everything so much harder, not to mention sick kids and even a sick cat!!!!
And the laundry.....why does it haunt you??
I hope tomorrow is better.

Mary Kelly said...

I love the cartoons that you found. At least you have the excuse of being sick- my laundry has been neglected for days just because I simply do not like doing the laundry. Next week, when you are feeling better, I'm sure you will be back to SUPER MOM!!!

Lisa Michelle said...

Oh Jenni - so sorry to hear it! Of course it always happens when the hubby is out of town! I'm glad Korby comes home tomorrow, too!

Janelle said...

OK, that sounds VERY familiar, but I'm sure you are being a trooper about it!!! Why does everything fall apart when husbands are out of town... goodness. That's why my favorite song is "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home," and I REALLY am!