Monday, June 14, 2010

Jackson Update

Jackson went to the doctors on Tuesday and they put a cast on his arm. It was so stressful hoovering over him while his arm was just in a splint the past few days so that he wouldn't move it too much or bump it on anything. It is so much easier now. But, much to Jackson's dismay the pins have to stay in another 3 weeks and he could not get a waterproof cast. He was very brave during the appointment especially since almost the entire time I was sitting down with my head between my legs trying not to pass out! Yes~ just the sight of 2 small pins sticking out of Jackson's arm was enough to make the blood drain out of my face, my fingers to go numb, my head to get completely dizzy and light headed. The nurse had to spend more time giving instructions about me than she did about Jackson's arm! I am such a wuss!

Since then it feels like Jackson has more energy than ever! The cast is not slowing him down one bit. He is all over the place, doing everything he was before.

The boys also got their hair cut this week. Tanner's is just a trim, so nothing too exciting. With Jackson we decided to try a buzz cut. He says that he doesn't like it very much, but he is
loving all the attention he is getting from it (I can't stop rubbing it!)


4 comments:

Jeniece said...

Just seeing that buzz cut makes me want to buzz my boys hair! So much easier in the summer. Jackson looks great.

Mary Kelly said...

He looks so much like John with his head buzzed. I want to rub it!

Janelle said...

cute buzz. SO SORRY about the broken arm... that's traumatic! For both of you! I got your sweet message while we were in CA on vacation, I have been meaning to email you... we're moving to Louisiana for Jeff's job, he's transfering there for a few years. Lily misses you! :) She even told Jeff's mom about you!gotta love that. (Maybe she's destined to be in your family some how...:)

Anne Southwick said...

Oh... Jen!!! It looks like he's feeling better!! Look at that smile on his sweet little face. Love you guys!!