Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Proverbs

I am working on this project that I got off of Pinterest.  
Yes! 
I am actually doing some of the fun things that I pin!

So, I am organizing all of the kids paperwork/ memories into file folder boxes like these and I came across a paper that Shayden did in 2nd grade.  It was a worksheet with the first half of well known proverbs and the kids had to fill in the second half.  

1. Don't bite the hand that will hurt the leg.
2. If you lie down with the dogs, you'll get licked and bit.
3. Don't put off tomorrow what you want to do today.
4. When the blind lead the blind you crash. 
5. After a storm comes the sun does.
6. The bigger they are the better.
7. Don't wash your dirty laundry in the tub.
8. A bird in the hand is quiet.
9. People who live in glass houses get hurt.
10. Don't cut off your nose, that would hurt.
11. Keep your mouth shut and your eyes open.
12. When the cat's away the mice can play.
13. You can't get blood out of your nail (and by nail I mean your finger nail or toe nail).
14. Don't wear white, you'll get dirty.

I think #10 is my favorite :)  

What is your favorite?!?

I love looking back through my kids work.  It is making me realize how quickly they are growing up and how fast this time of having young children in the house is going to go by.
Shayden is in that in between space of too mature to be a kid but not quite mature enough to be a teenager. 
I am not ready for her to grow up!
I am not ready for her to become more independent.  It is making me question if I have done enough to prepare her for the tough years ahead.  

Being at home will these little girls is helping me to realize that the whole reason I am here on this earth is to be a mother to these children I have been blessed with. It is helping me realize that I will find the greatest joy in my life through my kids~ and I only get the privilege of having them with me at home for a short time. 
All the other things that I want to do or accomplish personally I will have plenty of time for later.  Right now my biggest responsibility and joy will come from raising these kids to the very best of my ability and then hope and pray that they turn out okay! 

No comments: