Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

On Sunday we went to bed with a few small patches of snow on our lawn that hadn't melted yet. By Monday afternoon we had over 16 inches of snow! I went out and shoveled in the morning for over an hour and a half when there was 12 inches on the ground and still snowing and then had to go back again in the afternoon and do it all over again with 6 more inches covering all my hard work. By the time I was done shoveling the first time my hair had actually frozen! I tried to take a picture of it, but it didn't come out. It was a lot of work, but now it is so much fun! The kids have loved playing in it! Yesterday we went sledding in the front yard of my cousin's house on the mound of snow that the snow plow piled up in front of her house~ which is at the end of a cul-de-sac. It was a blast!





5 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Too fun! I love the picture of Jackson in the the walk way. Did Shayden's school get canceled? School in Salem was on a 2 hour delay the other day because of a snow dusting! That's right a dusting of snow shuts down the public school system here in Salem. I don't know what would happen if we got as much snow as Utah- the whole state would go into shock!

Lisa Michelle said...

I love the pic of Jackson walking down the path with snow up to his waist on both sides! The one good thing about snow shoveling is at least you don't have to go to the gym that day!! :)

Janelle said...

I'm VERY impressed that you shoveled all that snow!!! WOW! I have no clue what that would be like, but I'm sure your arm muscles got a nice work out!

Fly Girl said...

Nice job, girl! WALKING through that snow was a workout for me, you MUST have some HUGE muscles! :)

Fly Girl said...

Nice job, girl! WALKING through that snow was a workout for me, you MUST have some HUGE muscles! :)