Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Random Holiday

My calendar includes a lot the random/unknown holidays such as Early May Bank Holiday for the UK on May 5th, Canada Day on July 1st, and Grandparents Day on September 7th. Usually I just write over it with everything else I have going on that day. But my sister and I decided to actually do something to celebrate the day. My parents live in Temecula, CA while my sister lives in OR and we are here in UT~ which presented a little bit of a challenge. Here's how we handled it~

I printed out a bunch of pictures of my parents grandkids (including the ultra sound picture of baby Max), put them on colored paper cut into hearts, put sticks on them and mailed them to my moms sweet neighbor (who I love because they have kids the same age as mine). Then on Sunday she put them out all over my mom and dad's yard. So, when they walked out of their house to go to church they were greeted by their darling grandkids.

We are lucky enough to live fairly close to both Korby's mom and dad along with most of their great grandma's and grandpa's. We are so thankful for the wonderful influence and love that our children are blessed to enjoy from all of their grandparents! Happy Belated Grandparent's Day to all the grandparent's out there! We love you!

I don't have a picture of the finished product in my parents yard, but here are most of the hearts before they were mailed.

5 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

WAY CUTE! Thanks for taking pictures of what you sent. You did a great job. I really appreciate you putting in all the effort for Max and Morgen too!

Ware Family said...

wow, that is such a cute idea. You are such a good daughter!

Russell and Jillian said...

That is such a fantastic idea that I just might have to steal sometime. You didn't patent it, did you? :)

Lisa Michelle said...

Jenni, those hearts are all perfect heart-shape and so cute! What a great idea. Great to see you yesterday - did you guys get burned? Sophie got a little pink and I - of course! - got fried. :)

Lindsay said...

that is such a fun idea. you are very creative.