Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Excuses, Excuses

Well, it's the new year and along with that comes New Year's Resolutions. I am a little behind in making my resolutions, but I am really trying to take time to come up with ones that are realistic, ones that are important to me and ones that will help make me, my family and our lives better in 2010.

One of my goals, which will benefit all my loyal readers (haa haa!), will be to post once a week! I have definitely gotten out of the habit of blogging and I am hoping this goal will get me back on track. As with all goals, there are obstacles to overcome. One of the obstacles I must conquer in order to blog more often (besides my laziness, lack of picture taking as of late and leading a pretty humdrum life) is sugar!

Although real sugar is a problem for me (which is why every year I have some goal centered around not eating as much of it), when it comes to blogging my obstacle is Sugar~ my cat. I love my kitty very much and he is my baby. But for whatever reason, he assumes that when I sit down at the computer that my intent is not to actually type anything or look at anything on line, but to be completely focused on him. He likes to sit down right in front of the keyboard and block 3/4 of the computer screen so that I can not get anything done.

Eventually I get frustrated trying to type with 2 fingers or only being able to read portions of an article that I scoot him off. Which of course leads to me feeling guilty for being mean him, which in turn leads to me giving him a kitty treat (which might explain why he is such a big boy).

In any case, I am not going to let Sugar be an excuse for why I am not blogging anymore!

Here's to new beginnings and more blogging in 2010! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Love this post! Silly Sugar. I can testify that he does do that and although he is cute, it is super annoying!

Lisa Michelle said...

haha - grat pic!! :) Happy New Year!!

Andrea said...

Luck!

Janelle said...

funny! :) I am a horrible friend and lost your number and I couldn't find your email quickly. I am thinking about your trip every day!!!! Call me again!! sorry.