Sunday, June 24, 2012

Still Kicking

22 weeks today and so far so good!  I can feel the babies move every day which gives me a huge piece of mind that everything is still going well.  A couple of people have asked me if I can tell that there are 2 babies in there kicking.... not really so far.  It is still just lots of little bumps and thumps~ but no way to determine if the movements are coming from one or both babies mostly.  Occasionally though, I will feel movements on both sides of my stomach at the same time and since the little peanuts are still pretty small, I know it is both babies.

My next appointment is next week (at 23 weeks) where we will consult more with my doctor and one of the NICU doctors about when to start my inpatient monitoring and what to expect in the coming weeks as we do what we can to keep these little ones growing inside me as long as possible without risking their lives at the same time.  It seems surreal that we are already so close to this point in the pregnancy.  We have known I would be admitted to the hospital between 24 and 26 weeks since the very beginning of the pregnancy, but it is suddenly becoming much more real and as much as I am trying to stay calm about it, I am starting to stress and worry about it more.  I want my babies to stay inside me as long as they can, but at the same time the anxiety of knowing that we could still loose them if we wait too long is starting to get to me.  We still have a very long road ahead of us.  It is just hard to know what to expect since there are so many different outcomes~ from the very worst case scenario to the very best possible scenario and a hundred scenarios in between.  How do you prepare for that?  I don't think there is any magical answer, so I just keep praying and taking it one day at a time.

Believe it or not, there is more to our lives these days then just talking about the twins.  Tanner got baptized a couple of weeks ago, school got out, my kids got their yellow belts in karate, we just got back from an amazing trip to California, Vivian is now 1, Korby climbing Devil's Tower!  I have pictures of everything, I just haven't had a chance to go through them yet.  Once I do, I will definitely get some up!  

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

I have been thinking about you and hoping everything is going smoothly. Take care of yourself and those previous babies.

Russell and Jillian said...

Wahoo! We will send lucky thoughts and say prayers for y'all. Good luck with everything :)

Mommy Amy's blog said...

We are praying for you every night! I hope that the kids are doing well with all of this and that you are able to rest a bit yourself!