Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back from the dead, or at least the sick

For the past couple of weeks we have all taken our turn being sick~ one at a time, so as to prolong the sickness as long as possible! I have managed to document a couple of events along the way. First of all was Valentine's Day. We had a pink candle light dinner with the kids. Pink scrambled eggs, pink pancakes in the shape of hearts, pink lemonade, and of course topped off with a pink heart shaped cake. The kids thought it was great!


A couple of days later Shayden finally lost her top tooth. I say finally because it had been loose for at least three weeks. She was very concerned about it falling out while she was sleeping, so we had the same conversation at bedtime at least a dozen times about the tooth fairy still bringing her something even if she swallowed it and it not causing any problems if she did happen to swallow it while sleeping.
Then just 2 days later she lost her second top tooth (that had only been loose for a couple of days)! Her new found wealth is sure burning a hole in her pocket!
Here are the kids in their Valentine pj's from great grandma B! I tried to get Tanner to smile, but he just kept telling me "Mom, I still like my jammies, but I just don't want to smile right now." What a funny little kid! With only one car, we all pack in to take Korby to work in the morning and we all pick him up in the evening. Here is Jackson reading a magazine while we wait for Korby to come out the other night. He was so interested in it and it just made him look so mature~ I couldn't resist.
Well, we are finally back on the up and up, getting back to normal (whatever that is), and starting the count down to spring!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

How in the world did Jackson get so big all of the sudden? He really is a cutie, along with the other two of course, they're all dolls!

Lovell Family said...

Hey Jen...glad you found my blog. We'll definitely have to get together! Let me know if/when you guys are gonna get together.

-Lisa

Ashley S. said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for the little note. I would love a copy of your play group. Dallin would love to play with Jackson and other kids. Let me know! Dont you love blogs? So much fun.

Mary Kelly said...

Okay- Tanner's comment about not wanting to smile made me laugh out loud. That little kid is just so stinkin' cute. If they made an updated "In the Mouth of Babes" Tanner would be the star.
And good for you for your cute Valentine's meal. I am trying to think of cute ideas for St. Patrick's Day.

Kristin said...

I LOVE the pink dinner! I'll have to keep that menu in mind for a future Valentine's Day. That must have been so fun for your kids!