Monday, February 16, 2009

Diet Coke and Heaven

So, Tanner continues to crack me up on just about a daily basis! Korby and Shayden were both out of town this past weekend, so it was just me, Tanner and Jackson hanging out. Well, one thing that I did to help get me through the weekend was buy some diet Coke (which I honestly don't drink very often). So, on Sunday as the boys were eating lunch before going to church I poured a large glass of it (to get me through the next three hours)! Jackson started asking for some and I had to explain to him that it was a drink for grown ups and not for kids. This is how the rest of the conversation went:

Tanner: Well, I've tried diet Coke before mom.

Me: That's okay Tanner. Kids just shouldn't drink it very much.

T: Well..... actually...... when I was up in heaven that is what Heavenly Father and Jesus like to drink.

Me: Oh really?!

T: Yea, that is their favorite drink. When it is snack time in heaven that is what Heavenly Father and Jesus drink and that's what they give the kids to drink too.

Me: Laughter...... more laughter....... started calling my mom to tell her that she didn't have to feel guilty for drinking diet Coke anymore since (according to Tanner) it is the beverage of choice up in heaven!



11 comments:

The Osborne Family said...

Nice! Too bad it wasn't Dr. Pepper, though. I rarely drink it but it's Oh, so good! If Jesus drank it, I might indulge a little more. =)

Lindsay said...

that is hilarious! he is so funny.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Hilarious! I don't drink Diet Coke often, but there I times when it sure hits the spot. I think I need to have a talk with Tanner about some of my other guilty pleasures too! He's adorable!

Lisa Michelle said...

ok, that is h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s!!

Lovell Family said...

I think he's right! For some reason my kids would choose diet coke before any other soda....

Mary Kelly said...

The Tan-Man strikes again!

the smiths said...

That is so cute!! You are so smart to write all of this down. I can only wish that he is right...I love my Diet Coke!

The Ashby's said...

Tanner makes me laugh!

Shannon b said...

okay, that is a great story! :)

Kara said...

Wow think of all the women that would love to hear THAT! You could convert millions!! ha ha Tanner is so funny!