Friday, February 6, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

January was not the best of months for me~ some small medical issues got a little crazy. But I am on the mend and I am hopeful that February will be a much better start to the year. One highlight of January was being able to go to the Draper Temple Open House. It was wonderful to be able to go with my kids. Shayden was pretty quiet but thought that everything was amazingly beautiful. Jackson was great just being held and was quite.

I walked through the entire time with Tanner! It was wonderful!!!!! As we were walking down a hallway (nothing really special about it)~ Tanner told me "I can feel the spirit here." What a sweetheart! A little later we were walking by the bridal room and there was a door partially opened. Tanner went over, opened it, walked in and said (in a not so quite voice) "Look mom! I found the Lord's bathroom!" The LDS temple's are called the House of the Lord. So in my little 4 year's old logic~ if this is the Lord's house, then that would be His bathroom!!!! What a funny little kid! At the end of the tour and as we walked out of the temple doors Tanner squeezed my hand and said "Mom, I felt the Holy Ghost the whole time." I knelt down to talk to him about how special the temple is, why they are so important and why he was able to feel the spirit there. I thought it was a very beautiful/special/journal worthy moment. His response "Yea, so can I have my fruit snacks now?" I LOVE this kid!!!!!

Draper Temple

6 comments:

Janelle said...

What a beautiful temple! And how lucky are you to be able to take your kids! Mine were quite small the last time we took them to an open house, we don't get too many down here. Your kids are too cute!

Lisa Michelle said...

Tanner is so sweet - love the things that come out of their mouths! Sorry to hear you weren't up to snuff lately!! Let's get together soon if you're up for it!

Lovell Family said...

Adorable!

Ware Family said...

How sweet.
The "Lord's bathroom" made me laugh!

Melinda said...

That was laugh-out-loud funny! I love the way their little minds work.

Andrea said...

Crack up story!

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope all is well now!