Friday, July 25, 2008

Playing at the lake

Every year Korby's grandma Lee reserves a campground spot at Pineview Reservoir for a week in July. Since Korby and I have always shared 1 car, we have only ever been able to go up for an afternoon (because Korby doesn't have enough extra vacation days for it.) But.... now that we are a 2 car family, the kids and I were able to spend the night and play a little longer.





There was a sand volleyball court right next to our camp that kept the kids entertained for hours and luckily for me kept them close as well.


This just goes to show that without enough sleep for Tanner even a soda and a piece of cake can't make everything better.


Jackson on the other hand was in 7th heaven the entire time!


I really wanted to get some good action shots with my camera while we were boating, but this is as brave as I got with taking it out while on the boat (we are still attached to the dock in this picture!) My kids absolutely loved riding on the boat and fought almost the entire time about who got to be the "flag holder" when someone fell behind the boat.



The kids absolutely loved playing in the sand. If you look closely in the background~ Shayden is smiling really cute and Tanner is making another one of his "special" faces. I was trying to take a picture of all 3 of them, but this is Jackson walking up the camera saying "see, see" to look at the picture I have just taken. Check out the blond curls on that kid!
~Side note~ we only packed enough stuff to stay until Thursday afternoon because if anyone knows me really well my yoga class is on Thursday nights and I really don't let anything interfere with yoga (family events, date night, you name it and I won't do it on a Thursday evening). So, the fact that we stayed at the lake until almost 10 pm on Thursday night must really say something about the sacrifices I am willing to make for my children (hee hee) or I guess it just shows how much fun we were having!

8 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

That looks soo fun! And I am dying over Jackson's curls...! :) Also, the pic of Tanner with his cake and soda is awesome! Glad you had fun.

Ashley S. said...

Good times! We went up to the same lake on the 24th! I love going there, it is so fun for the kids. Your kids are adorable.

Mary Kelly said...

I laughed out loud at the picture of Tanner. I'm sure having his picture taken helped brighten his mood even more. It looks like you had a great time- were you camping or in the RV?

Jen Lee said...

When we go up we get to stay in grandma's motorhome with her. Shayden slept in the back with grandma and I slept with the 2 boys on the top bed.

Russell and Jillian said...

Looks like you had a great time! Isn't boating so much fun? I hope we get to do some this summer.

Lovell Family said...

your kids are so cute! Looks like you had lots of fun. (and wow, that must be a really good Yoga class!)

Lindsay said...

great pictures! i'm jealous - i want a new camera.

Sarah said...

i love the picture with cake all over jackson's face. haha! your boating trip looks so fun.