Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quick Trip

My brother's mission president's home coming was this weekend and my parents decided to drive up to meet him and his wife. They left Saturday morning at 1am and got to our house about noon. After lunch, my mom, Shayden and I decided to go to the fabric store while my boys napped and my dad rested. To my shock and surprise Korby said that he wanted to come with us! Well, after an hour of looking at fabric and being nowhere close to ready to leave, Korby finally asked for the keys to the car to listen to music and wait for us out there. We finally made up our minds and left with some beautiful fabric to make this Amy Bulter bag that we both LOVE! We then headed up to Salt Lake to meet John and Megan for dinner. Afterwards we ate ice cream in the park. It was a great day. Then, today we went up to Layton to meet President and Sister Muir. In the middle of the meeting they asked all the missionaries (about 60 of them) to get up and sing Called to Serve in Portuguese. It was beautiful! I had a chance to take a couple of pictures before and after the meeting, then my parents got in the car to drive home. They will have been gone for about 44 hours and about 20 hours of that will have been spent in the car! My parents are awesome!

Jackson and Grandpa

Shayden and Grandma

Close up of Shayden. Notice the gap in her teeth on her bottom right~ that is her 5th tooth to come out and she has 4 more loose ones.
Jackson sitting on the grass after church. Why is it that I could not get him to sit still for more than 30 seconds during church without doing everything minus putting on a circus to keep him contained, and after church all I said was "Jackson, go sit down on the grass" and he walked over and sat right down. He must be 2!
This is Tanner's newest "picture face." He makes an "L" with his fingers, tilts his head to the side, closes one eye and sticks out his tongue. I haven't been able to get many pictures of him because this is the only face he will make when I get my camera out. So, just so no one thinks I am ignoring Tanner or not posting any pictures of him~ here he is, silly face and all!

4 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

I LOVE Tanner's picture face. It is something to tease him about when he has his first girlfriend or something.
I am so happy that you got to see mom and dad- even if it was way too quick of a trip- at least they are driving distance from your house. Plus we get to see them in only 3 weeks! Yahoo!

Sarah said...

your kids are so cute! i love tanner's curly hair.

J. Allen said...

Hey Jen,
I just discovered your blog! Looks great! Your kids are so cute. I just revived our blog today! Feel free to visit at http://jodedeballen.blogspot.com/

Adrienne said...

I can't believe the curls your boys have. Your new camera takes great photos!