Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trip to the Zoo

Last week we took a trip to the zoo with Korby's dad. It was hot but the kids had a great time. One of their favorite things is the water feature outside of the zoo. Why bother going to see animals when you can look at a water feature with pennies in the bottom for free?!

While we were there, they were giving the elephants a bath! It was fun to watch them play in the water. They used the same type of hose that fire fighters use to put out a fire~ that is a pretty intense bath! Korby's sister came with us as well. Shayden really wanted to take a picture of her, Jackson and the cat~ she probably tried for 3-4 minutes. Between the cat pacing back and forth and Jackson being the squirmy boy he is I am not sure if Shayden ever got a picture.

The Hogle Zoo has a new carousal. The kids had a really fun time. So, in the background you can see Korby, Jackson and Shayden all excitedly waving at grandpa and aunt Marisa. While Tanner on the other hand it looking in the complete opposite direction!

Korby told me the name of this bird but I forgot~ I just liked the color of it!

Usually the tiger is sleeping in the bushes in the top corner of the enclosure so that if you strain your neck you can see the top of its right ear. This time we got to watch the tiger gnaw on a bone, get up and waked over to the water, take a drink and then climb into the water and lay down in it. It was neat to see such a beautiful animal up close and even more amazing to see it actually moving!

The giraffe was eating leaves right in front of us. I was trying to get a picture of its long purple tongue, but never got a good shot of it. What a cool animal!







4 comments:

Ware Family said...

I love the pictures you took, your camera is amazing!

Russell and Jillian said...

You take some great pictures! It really is noticeable. And I agree with you that giraffe's tongues are pretty crazy!

Janelle said...

Your camera is TOO cool! And I can't wait to see you. I don't know if you've already left, but we're leaving this week here's my cell. 832-233-5757. Call me sometime after Friday. LUV

Lovell Family said...

What awesome pictures!